We have an opportunity to complete a Take Action project at Camp Seawood this year! Take Action projects are a requirement for journeys and completing a Take Action project at camp will fullfill this requirement. So my question to all of you, what should we do for a Take Action project. It can be anything from building picnic tables, creating nature trails, creating a garden at camp, flower boxes/flower pots, etc….so lets start the brainstorming process! Comment below with your ideas!
Visit one of the camps, make GORP and do a photo scavenger hunt as follows:
Photo Scavenger Hunt: Take a picture of your group of girls in the following places (Post your photos to Instagram with #campseawood)
- All sitting in an Adirondack shelter or other living space
- By a campfire circle, singing “The Princess Pat”
- By the lake (if at Kettleford, Whispering Pines, Abenaki or Farnsworth) arranged in a pyramid
- All holding onto a tree
- Standing on one foot, with hand on a picnic table
- In a group hug anywhere on camp
Recipe: GORP (Good Old Raisins and Peanuts)
- Dry cereal (Cheerios, Chex, Golden Grahams)
- Pretzels, Goldfish or Cheez-Its
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Fruit
Mix all together in a large ziplock bag or make your own individual portions with just the items you like best!
Paper Bag Dramatics: Skits with Mysterious props…
- Place 5-6 objects in a paper bag (any object works, the more random the better!)
- Divide girls into groups of 4-6. give each group a bag.
- Give the girls 10 minutes to make up a one-minute skit about camp involving all the girls and using all the items in the bag.
- Present the skits.
Call the Camp Pathway Department and arrange a visit to your nearest Service Center to look at pictures and hear all about camp. Or Invite a member of the Camp Pathway team to your meeting!
Learn 3 games that girls play at camp. Play them!!! Here are some fun resources for games to play!
- What program did you do and how did you pick it?
- What did you like best about camp?
- What were your favorite activities?
- Who were your counselors? What were they like?
- What did you do at camp that you’ve never done before?
- What advice would you give to someone who has never been to camp?
Learn a new song to sing at camp and get ready for opening and closing ceremonies and serenading your fellow campers. Post your favorite camp songs as a comment below! Check out this girl_scout_traditions_songs for some song inspiration.